Friday, April 23, 2010

4.23.10

Why is it that whenever I go to MAC... I pretty much ALWAYS forget what I wanted. bleh. I went today to pick up some stuff for my MU kit but mostly ended up buying stuff for myself. meh =/

After MAC, Darin & I took Oscar to the park where we ran into his lil friend Archie.. I get so smiley whenever I see them play together. It's so fun to seem him playing with other dogs. lol. He is like my child. I would do anything for Oscar.. which is why my husband & I recently ended up spending $500+ these past couple of days on him on Vet bills. He hasnt had much apetite lately so we were concerned & took him in. We were told to give him a diet of chicken & rice.. which he ate the first couple of times, & then it was back to not eating. So we took Oscar in Wednesday & they decided to do some xrays on him & hours later told us they saw something in his belly.. got a lil scared, but they said it could be food that he hadn't digested yet.. so they had to induce vomiting and xray him again. I guess it just ended up being food in his stomach.. so really it feels like the xrays were unnecessary.. but better knowing for sure than just guessing, right? So he's now on some meds for nausea & diarhea & we were told to continue to feed him chicken & rice & cottage cheese & that the meds should help him get his apetite back. Eh.. well.. yesterday he gobbled down every meal we gave him, but today he's bein kinda picky. He wont eat the cottage cheese or rice like he did the day before.. I guess he was just THAT hungry since he didnt get any food at the vet. He IS eating chicken though. So hopefully he gets better. They told us also that if he's still not getting his apetite back within a couple days then we need to try some special Hypoallergenic dog food (which I'm guessing will cost a pretty penny) & if THAT doesnt help, then more xrays & stuff.
Hopefully our lil guy gets well soon. I hate worrying that somethin is up with him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh God ! Americans vets are like the french, they never be able to know what 's the disease but they have plenty of expensive solutions for examinations that never give results. I'm terribily sorry for you, i hope Oscar will found his appetite.

    Olivia.

    ReplyDelete