Friday, May 14, 2010

5.14.10

So0o.. the house hunting is over with. Yay! We're moving!
We found a 3bedroom/1.5bath/2car garage house back in Newark.. where I grew up.. for about the same price of what we are paying for our 1bedroom apartment here in SF. I never thought Id be so excited to move back to Newark. When I was living there I always complained about how there's nothing to do there, its so boring, and felt like a place for old people - is how I described it. I guess now that I'm married & have babies on the mind... it doesnt seem so bad after all. I now see it as more of a place to raise a family, I guess. Its funny when I realize during our hunt for another place to live, Darin & I were thinking about the cat needing space, and the dog needing a backyard.. and an extra room for when we do decide on having kids. Wow huh? So much has changed in our minds since we moved to SF a year ago. We dont care about the bars & nightlife being non existant in Newark.. we have family on the mind now. :-)
So yea, Im excited. Oscar will have a big backyard to run around in, we'll be in a nice neighborhood, PLENTY of parking (along with our own driveway lol), a lake for walking/jogging within walking distance, a 5-10minute drive from either of our parents & near our friends once again. I wont be confined in this apartment with no place to go due to no parking/shitty bus riding!
We keep talking about what the decor will look like.. so many rooms now to decorate, so many more places to put our stuff! lol. We just signed the agreement today as well as sent in our deposit. We're gettin closer.
There's so many birthdays this month to look forward to, including my own.. but I can't even think about that. I'm usually counting down the days to my birthday, but its more like counting down the days til we can move.. June 1st.
 I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! yeah life changes dramatically when you have a family. pets included.... they are babies too! hooray for the new house! now that i have the house and 2 babies the bars and nightlife sound sooo amazing! hahaha

    ReplyDelete