Thursday, March 18, 2010


So Darin took today off for a dr. appt. & to try and go to the court in SF to file a small claims case against the breeder in which we got Oscar our miniature schnauzer. Yea, well, turns out they told him he couldn't file the claim here, and has to do it in Merced.
Grr.. this really makes me angry.
The fucking breeder pisses me off.. If we have to go to Merced to do this, then its really not worth it.
The whole reason why we were going to file a claim against her is because upon getting Oscar, I took him to the vet for a wellness check up and because I noticed he was scratching his ear a lot and had a bit of blood in his stool. Well after the vet visit, turns out he had an ear infection, and after a fecal examination, he also had Giardiasis.. which happens to be an infectiuous intenstinal parasite. So upon finding this out, we let the breeder know, since Oscar must have had all this happen at her place, and also to let her know in case any of her other pups may have the parasite. Now also, after looking this up online, I found out there is a puppy lemon law & that cases in which your new puppy is sick, costs should be taken care of by the breeder and not the new owner. We agree that it is somewhat our responsibility, but since this happened at the breeders, we feel she should take care of the costs as it all adds up.
Giardiasis can be hard to take care of as it spreads easily & can be spread to humans. We were told we have to launder any bedding, and keep everything clean.. which is hard with a new pup.. and We also have a cat, so we were worried he'd get it too. I also read that reoccurance is common so that worried us even more. How much of treatment are we going to get stuck with.
Anways, Darin let the breeder know, and he asked her for reimbursment and she told us to fax her the medical records. We did, and guess what her response was... oh, I never got it. Ok, fine.. we certified mailed her copies.. to the address that was on the receipt Darin was given... which then got returned back to us, and so we had another address on her AKC papers and sent some more copies to her.. in which this time we received receipt that she had received the papers. And guess what this time... oh, that must have been to my daughters house and not mine. That was the last time Darin heard from her. He phone called her and left messages for her, and never a response. He even left her a message letting her know that we would take legal action.
How annoying is this? It's not the amount of money that bothers me.. (its not even THAT much) but its the fact that this woman is being uncooperative. ARGH!

Darin is going to try and go back to the SF court tomorrow and see if he could possibly file the claim here, since after all, we found out and Oscar had been treated for the giardia and ear ache here.
So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment